Call us on: 0843 886 8668
Visiting Hours: Open Daily from 9am to 4pm (6pm in Summer).
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Nicholas Moreton is world famous for the engraved glass windows by Laurence Whistler and for the grave of Lawrence of Arabia in the cemetery.
The original dedication to St Magnus Martyr was changed to St. Nicholas in 1490. Bombing on 8 October 1940 extensively damaged the church. Created as part of the refurbishment following the war, the 13 engraved glass windows (1955-85) are by Sir Laurence Whistler, who revived glass engraving in the 20th century. Lawrence of Arabia (T E Lawrence) was buried in the churchyard following his funeral in the church.
Wikipedia has an entry on St Nicholas which may be of interest:
Visiting Hours: the church is open daily from 9am to 6pm (4pm in Winter). For information on visits, e-mail email@example.com or phone 0843 886 8668